June 05, 2009

Fill Me In Friday 6.5.09

Well this week has been interesting week wedding-wise!

FMIL and I went to Cumming this past weekend to get some wedding related things marked off our list! If you read my last , you would know that I had a potential problem with the possibilities of being able to use our condlesticks as centerpieces or not. The venue had a concern about them being a fire hazard since they were open flame. Once we got there and showed Jennifer how the centerpieces were going to be setup, it was not an issue! I was so glad to hear that news, because I really had my heart set on using them. I was also really excited to see how pretty the centerpieces looked set up since it was my first time setting it all up..they were gorgeous!

We had also had a bit of a difficult time finding a rehearsal dinner spot close to the wedding site so I scouted a few places online. Our first choice was to do something fun and different, especially since we didn't want a "cookie cutter" wedding per sae. Our first fun thought was renting a room at Stars and Strikes, which is a facility that includes bowling, laser tag, etc. and then have them cater food in-house. Once we got the prices for that, it was not an option. Even though the price included bowling, the price per person for the type of food they offered, was not feasable. It also wound up being more per person than our reception site! For a broke bride on a budget, that is not broke bride approved!

I also found two other places that were possibilities for us, if the price was right. The first was Provinos, which is local, well know Italian chain here in Atlanta. They have a brand new restaurant that just opened right down the street from our site! FMIL and I went there on Saturday before the restaurant opened to look at their private rooms. Jason the manager was very accomodating and showed us the room that would fit our party whcih was "The Library". It was beautiful and perfect! The prices were not too shabby either, and with them offering only beer and wine, that helps cut the budget way down as well. Here's a picture of "The Library":



Our second stop was Kani House, which is a Japenese Steakhouse that was also brand new. I loved this place and thought it was perfect since Tim and I wanted something different. I mean, how many times have you been to a Hibachi for a rehearsal dinner? Mike was very nice and accomodating. I inquired whether or not they had Yuengling or not, he told me to let him know if we wanted it, and he would get it! The prices were higher than Provinos, but I really did love this place!



Aside from that, I started designing our programs, save the dates and invitations this week. I am meeting one of my Bridesmaids tomorrow morning at Archivers so she can help me with the design of our Save The Dates. Then from there I have to meet with Monique from Blossoms Atlanta to get some input from her.

Wow, what a long post! Hopefully next weeks will be short and sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment