May 29, 2009

Fill Me In Friday 5.29.09

This has been a busy wedding week!! I secured an appointment with a second florist, Monique from Blossoms Atlanta. Our meeting is next Saturday and I am really excited to meet her!

We have had a small hiccup in the fact that I ordered these gorgeous candlesticks that look like mercury glass from CB2 while they were on clearance. I thought they would make for gorgeous centerpieces, and also cut costs since we won't need floral centerpieces and would add a lot of candlelight for ambiance. At $1.95 a piece, those were a steal! I bought 40 and plan on putting 5 on each table with white tapered candles.

Well, someone told me that I should check with the reception site since most places don't allow open flame because of the fire hazard...then it dawned on me that I should have checked with them before I bought them!

So now, FMIL and I have to drive up to the site tomorrow to show the coordinator what the centerpieces will look like and try to talk her into letting us use them!

While we are out there we are going to check on some rehearsal dinner locations, and maybe go look at the hotel where we blocked off some rooms.

I also bought some hot pink votives from a local girl who used them in her wedding, and I am really excited about them! I got 144 of these for $40.00!


I have also been eyeing the black ones but I can't decide on those yet or not..More to come everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment