August 11, 2009

Holy Honeymoon!

Ok, so Future Hubby and I didn't know if we would even have the money to go on a honeymoon. We finally decided that a cruise would be our best way to go. Not a lot of work and planning on our part, and for the most part they are all-inclusive with the exception of alcohol and shore excursions.

So I started to look on Travelocity.com to see what we could find. I found a 5-Night, 6-Day cruise that left from Miami, Florida and sailed to Turks and Caicos, Naussau and Half Moon Cay. The price was great at $459.00 per person for room with a balcony. So I put it off for a while so I could see if we could afford it after all is said and done.

So about a month ago, I went back to Travelocity.com to see if those prices were still the same or if they had gone up. To my surprise, they stayed the same..but there was just one problem...There were only 4 rooms left!! I thought about it for 5minutes and just thought "We gotta book it"...So I called Travelocity and put a deposit down.

Fast-forward to my birthday...I got a strange package in the mail from my dad. I opened it up, and there was a binder sitting in front of my. I immediately opened it and before me I saw a picture of a Suite on a cruise ship! My dad had called the Future In Laws and got them to get info from me on what I had booked. They passed the info along to him and he upgraded our room to a suite on the Carnival Destiny!!

We will be able to see both the Starboad and Port side of the boat off of our balcony and my dad also ordered a bottle of champagne for when we arrive in our room. To top it off, he is sending my deposit back to me so we can use it for something else. We are so excited we can't stand it! We are so lucky and thankful, and couldn't be more greatful! Here's a picture of our room:



And here is one of the ship!

1 comment:

  1. Ohmygosh, that is SO wonderful! I came across your blog randomly and I'm going to have to bookmark. I love that you're so positive and frugal and it reminds me of my wedding planning, haha.
    Our site is dirtndiamonds.silverdoves.com and the blog's (I've) been slacking. More up-to-date things are on www.weddingbycolor.com/dirtndiamonds

    LOVE IT! <3

    ReplyDelete